Wednesday 15 February 2012

A foray onto Bodmin Moor yesterday looking for the Smew and Lesser Scaup reported at Siblyback Lake. A complete circuit around revealed no sign of the Smew but came across what I believe is the Lessern Scaup at the northern end. I met Derek Julian as I was leaving and he confirmed that the bird was in the area where I had been photographing. So that is good enough for me, but doubtless somebody will inform me if I am in error. The sun of course was in the wrong position and since I can't walk on water and the bird was distant the images are just a record of a rare visitor.
Update: I couldn't resist going back again today (16th Feb). Although overcast, paradoxically the light seemed better and I think this first picture is somewhat better. Still 50m away though.






No comments:

Post a Comment